Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 10- Roast Chicken

Today was a fabulous day. I have to note it as one of my favourite days.

We returned to the local special school today and on our timetable we had dog therapy and movement classes.

The dog therapy lesson was fantastic. The children were so excited when they could hear the dog bark. Some of them started to bounce up and down and clap their hands. This is remarkable as the majority of the time these children were unresponsive to a lot of stimulus . This really showed me how much giving therapy such as this is so important. All children deserve joy and entertainment and dog therapy was both of these for the children at this school.

I myself loved the dog therapy because I love doggies :) the dog was patient and entertaining, a winning mix!!

Shortly after lots of cuddles with the doggy we went on to movement classes. This class showed great similarities between Emmanuel House. The techniques used followed the Emmanuel House routine. It was shortly after the session that it came to light how much this school wanted to follow the Conductive Education route that Emmanuel House follow. I think this came as a surprise to some as the conductive education theory wasn't popular amongst our group. We then discovered that the only reason the special school does not have a 'Conductor' is down to state funding. Emmanuel House receives additional funding from the church and can therefore afford 'Conductors'.

This was a brilliant experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

In the evening Chris and I went to the Debrecen National Circus. I really am not exaggerating when I say this is the very best circus I have ever been to!! They had everything from tigers to cat performing! The performers earned every penny and before you think it's exploitation... All of the animals looked healthy, well fed and they had large enclosures.

Tomorrow is our last whole day :(

No comments:

Post a Comment