Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 2-Pastries!

After a good nights sleep and lovely breakfast we travelled to Freedom House. Upon arrival we watched a anti-drugs stage show which seemed very hard hitting. The content was illuminating when it focused on the drug message.

For lunch we had the most amazing pastries, they were huge! This is certainly something I think should be adopted at home!! During our lunch break we increased our Hungarian vocabulary! We can now say, Sorry, thank you, good bye, my name is...., what is your name, yes and no! Not bad considering we arrived knowing only 3 words!

Freedom house is a mix between a community and youth centre. Around 2 pm the young people arrived. I then got to watch Chris and a young girl play football for over an hour and I must say Chris was kept on his toes! I then got the opportunity to play table tennis with some of the other young people. It made me think about how much easier it is to build relationships with people when you take part in sporting/competitive games. The team spirit seems to take over and everybody is on the same playing field.

I look forward to tomorrow, hopefully it will be slightly warmer and a bit less windy!

H

P.s both Judits' are amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm ... love the look of the pastries!!!!! Enjoy!!
    :0))
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete