Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 5- Cabbage roll thingys

Today we returned to Freedom House and joined in some Easter celebrations. The Easter message was somewhat drilled in to the children and there was lots of talk on sins. I did feel this was far too much of a focus for my liking. However, after the acknowledgement of how sin makes your heart hurt the children got to ride a pony and make Easter eggs, this was really quite good fun to be a part of. The children seemed to be enjoying themselves and it was nice to see a great turn out.

This afternoon we all wandered Debrecen eating ice cream as it was 26oc! Such a shame it's cold and miserable in England :p

Tonight we will be going folk dancing, not a thrilling evening for me but i endeavour to embrace the culture and try to take part with a smile on my face.

The food today has been amazing, we had a cabbage and pork dinner and it was to die for. I did however manage an apple and a banana today so I've made progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment