Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 8- pork Ribs

Today we had a sleep in which was amazing! We headed off to Hortabagy around mid day.

I really enjoyed this. We spent the first part looking around a bird hospital where they had some recovering eagles. This was truly amazing as I saw some of the finest eagles up close and I know I will never have that opportunity again.

From the bird hospital we had a walk up to a huge stable horse riding hotel. Here they offered a carriage ride through the national park. This was something I really enjoyed. What I thought was brilliant was how well kept the horses looked. They were well fed and eager to go. At the half way point we jumped off the carriages to watch a group of men do tricks on the horses. Again, all of the horses looked well cared for. A good sign for me was how friendly the horses were, they were happy for you to stroke them and they didn't flinch away. I got to ride one of the horses too!

After this we headed home to a banquet of a feast! Judith senior had made the most amazing pork ribs and vanilla cake for dessert! So yummy! Tomorrow we off back to the refugee camp...

No comments:

Post a Comment