Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 4- Goulash!

Well it seems the Hungarian food is too much of a draw, my day of only eating fruit turned in to a goulash frenzy! We ate the most amazing goulash for dinner with fabulous dumplings. All I can say about how delicious it was...if they did 'all you can eat I'd have put on a stone!'

This morning we revisited the beautiful Emmanuel House from yesterday. We worked with some adults at the centre making clay elephants, this was a completely new experience for me. I haven't worked with adults with physical disabilities before and I must say it was a life changing experience. Our mentor, Judit, was so passionate about the centre that it was hard not to feel moved by her enthusiasm.

After moulding beautiful elephants we joined in with the choir. This was very loud but joyful and our Kath did us proud by teaching the you g people an English song, well done Kath!

This afternoon we went to the zoo, it was amazing! We were within touching distance of almost all of the animals and I have never seen so many monkeys!

I am looking forward to tomorrow as we are preparing for Easter at Freedom House!

Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment